SporTedd and the Wharf in Teddington have once more combined forces to host an exhilarating charity event last night. SporTedd is the brainchild of local businessman Stuart Higgins. He has inspired local men and women to raise funds to help finance sport-related good causes across Twickenham, … [Read more...]
SporTedd Grants at a Glance
SPORTEDD donates over £16,000 to good causes in Richmond Borough
- £500 to EPIC SUP (Twickenham Riverside Paddle-Boarding Club) to purchase storage facilities for their kit.
- £500 to Teddington Swimming Club to purchase pace clocks and other equipment.
- £720 to Crossroads Carers to purchase 12 karate kits for young carers with disabilities.
- £1,000 to Chase Bridge School to purchase sports kit.
- £1,805 Twickenham School for outdoor table tennis tables and rock climbing equipment.
- £2,146 for St.Richard’s CE Primary School for football kit, swimming kit, tracksuits.
- £1,988.25 for St.Mary’s CE Primary School for netball kit ,basketball kit and tennis equipment.
- £1,000 to DS Active to purchase sports kit and related uniforms.
- £700 for Heathfield Junior School for two sets of rugby kit.
- £705 to RUILS to fund transport for their wheelchair walking group.
- £2,370 for Teddington Torpedoes to fund the training of swimming coaches.
- £2,500 to The Friends of Murray Park to contribute to the cost of setting up and running a Junior Park Run.
- £220 approx to The Horse Rangers Association for a mounting block extension.
THE community sports group SporTedd has been donating money to more local causes following new applications for funding, it was announced today. Three projects have received a total of £3720 following consideration by the group, which was set up just over two years ago to help those … [Read more...]
"We would like to say a big thank you to SporTedd for its very generous donation. Having a professional team kit makes the children proud to represent their school and excited about being involved in sport. It really makes a difference!"Mr King, Headteacher at Chase Bridge Primary School"We are … [Read more...]
We are delighted to announce SporTedd's inaugural grant for Eel Pie Island Club Stand Up Paddleboarding (EpicSup), based at Twickenham Rowing Club on the banks of the River Thames. Former gold and silver medal winning Olympic rower Mark Hunter MBE handed over a cheque for £500 to the club this … [Read more...]